Joined: 15 Apr 2007
Location: World Zero
|Posted: Mon May 07, 2007 3:25 am Post subject: The Stage Rules
|Welcome to The Stage! Here you can show off your artistic endeavors for the forumgoers to see! To make sure things go along agreeably, there are a few rules to observe.
1) No spam - An excellent treat on camping trips, but not so welcome in discussion. Posting randomly is likely just to take up space. People will like you more if you comment on the material, or even if you started your own thread!
2) Play nice - We're all likeminded individuals who respect each other, so no one person will be nudged out of the way for no good reason. In addition, we can all watch ourself and resolve conflict without setting the forum ablaze. Right?
This also includes knowing the difference between disagreement and antagonism, or burning somebody because they made a comment which may have gone beyond your sense of humor. After you make a post with any bit of anger attached, stop, breathe, breathe again if need be, and look at what you wrote. If that really isn't how you think, or you really aren't that angry any more, you can save friendships by rewriting something more agreeable.
Finally, not only do I want people to play nice, I want people to BE nice. What I mean is that tossing out obscenities and insults everywhere will not promote a friendly environment that anybody can participate. If your style is littered with passive-aggressive insults and obscenity, I ask that you reconsider, since these types of things really are not necessary and you can make a point and make it strong WITHOUT resorting to these things... no matter HOW angry you get when typing.
3) Be a good sport - Just as much as the commentator, the artist must play nice as well. If you are given constructive criticism, meaning it is intended only to help you out, it is up to you to recognize what you can gain from it and not see the criticism as personal.
4) Separate threads - If you have endeavors of varying types, having just one topic for everything may be a little confusing, so stories and art get their own separate topics. If you have something that may qualify as something other, take it up with an administrator.
5) There's a place for Captain Gamer fan work - If you have Captain Gamer fan work, it's perfectly fine to post it here. This thread [Index -> The GamerHang -> Captain Gamer -> The Fan Corner] is dedicated to Captain Gamer fan work. Over there, your fan work may be given more attention and critique, and it could even be elligible for addition to the site's Fan Corner!
Those are pretty much the bare-bones basics of what this forum is about. If you can think of anything else, post away and good ideas will be added in for future updates to the list.
|Konoko wrote: |
|LOL GAMES R GAY. GAMES ARE TOTALLY LESBIANS. |