gamerhang.myfreeforum.org Forum Index gamerhang.myfreeforum.org
A place where like-minded individuals who are into all types of mediums, and not just video games, can come to communicate and create!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Join! (free) Join! (free)
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The free forums are now under new ownership, a full announcement will be made shortly
Super... Smaaash Brothers!
Page 1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    gamerhang.myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Video Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Please Register and Login to this forum to stop seeing this advertising.

Posted:     Post subject:

Koji_Tsunami
Class Gamer
Class Gamer

Location: At the computer. Where else could I post on an online forum, a skatepark?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 2:49 am    Post subject: Super... Smaaash Brothers!  Reply with quote

What are some characters would you like to see in Super Smash Bros. Brawl? Not like Mario, or Dk, or those other guys you know they're gonna put in, but other characters, like obscure ones, or maybe third party characters. What Movesets would they have? That sort of thing is what this thread is for.
Konoko
Capstone Gamer
Capstone Gamer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funnily enough, before I knew they were putting in Pit, I probably would have just gone 'someone with angel wings!'.
Hmm...I could probably come up with a fair few, some serious suggestions, some I just want and some silly ones. Megaman was already done in that other thread, Zero could be another obvious choice, or Sigma...or Metool. x3

Rash (one of the Battletoads).
B=Big Hand Chop.
^+B=Battleaxe kick.
</>+B=Big Bad Boot.
v+B=Spiked Ball'n'Chain Leg Sweep.

Moves more or less matching his moves from Battlemaniacs. =p
I guess he'd have very fast normal moves that are relatively weak, medium smashes with enlarged limbs and the B moves would be slow but strong.

And just for fun...
Sim City Guy (I can't remember his name, he was in the SNES version of it)
B=Top Tidal Wave (small buildings popping up in a wave along the ground)
^+B=Green Hair Explosion. (Hair grows spikier and headbuts upwards)
</>+B=Rolling Blackout (Rolls along the ground forwards, small area around him gets darker)
v+B=Attention! (Box appears around him, anyone trying to attack is damaged and hurled back)
Koji_Tsunami
Class Gamer
Class Gamer

Location: At the computer. Where else could I post on an online forum, a skatepark?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it would be cool if they put in Shirobon.(Bomberman).
B - make/charge bomb
</>+B - Throw bomb left or right.
^+B - I dunno, maybe he could like, do sort of a shoryuken while holding a bomb, and throw it at the last seecond...
v+B - Motion sensor Bombs. ^-^
8-Bit
Crowned Gamer
Crowned Gamer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Konoko you do know that Dr. Wright IS in Smash Bros already right?

He's an assist trophy.

Look = http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/items/assist/assist03.html

In case people don't know this the site updates with new info every weekday.
Chocolate Ninja
Chocolate Gamer
Chocolate Gamer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What the- they're just pulling out all the stops, aren't they?

In this case, I think I'd like the obvious third-party choice, Sonic. And Tails.

What I'd really like, which probably won't happen, is for there to be another Fire Emblem lord tossed in there. Sigurd would be nice, but he's on a horse, so I doubt that'll ever happen. Hector or Ephraim would work pretty well, I think.
<Alriik> ...
<Alriik> *changes the channel*
Koji_Tsunami
Class Gamer
Class Gamer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chocolate Ninja wrote:
What I'd really like, which probably won't happen, is for there to be another Fire Emblem lord tossed in there.

A Fire Emblem what? Does that mean character in general, or from a certain game or what? because they do have Ike in there...
Captain Gamer
Digital Defender
Digital Defender

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Might as well toss in this old dream addition.

MegaMan.EXE - A light character with above average speed and average smashing capability.

B: MegaBuster [1%-10%] - Pops off shots that do 1% or charge up (doesn't need to stand in place to do it) for upwards of 10%. These cause no smash and have no recovery time.

Forward B: GutsPunch [20%] - MegaMan's hand morphs into GutsMan's for the duration of throwing a huge, long-reaching punch. Significant start-up and recovery time. The smash version literally THROWS the fist out like a projectile. Also significant start-up and recovery. Different from the Falcon Punch through range and less smashing capability.

Down B: MiniBomb [8%] - A lob attack that tosses a MiniBomb in a parabola for minor damage and causing the target to flinch.

Up B: DashAttack [10%-20%] - MegaMan uses a DashAttack that's very fast and quick. During start-up, the player has the ability to alter the direction of the DashAttack in any of all 360 degrees. By default, it goes forward when standing, and at a 45 degree angle when in the air. Normally does 10%, but if an opponent is struck at the very moment the attack is first pulled off they are struck with 20% and a far smash.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Chocolate Ninja
Chocolate Gamer
Chocolate Gamer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Koji_Tsunami wrote:
Chocolate Ninja wrote:
What I'd really like, which probably won't happen, is for there to be another Fire Emblem lord tossed in there.

A Fire Emblem what? Does that mean character in general, or from a certain game or what? because they do have Ike in there...

A Fire Emblem Lord is the closest thing the games have to a main character. If they die, the game's over, and they generally don't have very good starting stats, but they end up getting the best weapons. Ike's in there, but that's why I said I'd like another one in there, like how they did with SSBM.
<Alriik> ...
<Alriik> *changes the channel*
Konoko
Capstone Gamer
Capstone Gamer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

8-Bit wrote:
Hey Konoko you do know that Dr. Wright IS in Smash Bros already right?

No I hadn't. o.O Although, the similiarity in one suggested move is kinda funny. Although I guess it makes sense, cos what else can you do with him...
I could stand by the thought of making him playable, but I'd much rather suggest a couple more. And, since CG went the extra step for damage %s, I guess I'll give it a go too. Although I'm likely to end up making either an overpowered character or underpowered in an attempt to avoid the former. XD

Pocky. (From Pocky and Rocky, for the SNES. She's a Miko.) A average speed character with strong projectiles and above average range, good smashing on a couple skills, but overall weak in melee.

B= Magic cards - Tosses out o-fuda talismans at a semi-automatic sort of speed, they have a slight variance in where they go, so theres a little spreading at distance. No recovery time, can't move while firing and each card does 2%.

</>+B= Flail. 15%. Swings her purification rod in front of her rapidly 4 times, knocks back. Has suprising long range, due to the gohei on the end swinging out further than the stick on the last 2 swipes.

^+B= 16% Rocky appears in a puff of smoke, temporarily joining with Pocky(very quick animation, but still some delay on the attack), and going upwards in the air, his tail hitting whats above him. Strong priority.

v+B= 20% for direct hit, 15% for just the explosion. Very large characters may get hit twice. Rocky appears and is chucked forwards in a firery aura and causes an explosion where he hits. Has a delay between uses.

I was kinda thinking of having Rocky always following, like the Ice Climbers did, but that always bugged me. And magical racoons appearing in puffs of smoke and leaves just works. XP
firemastrr
Celebrated Gamer
Celebrated Gamer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wanna see some more classic Nintendo characters in Bawl. I mean, wouldn't it be fun to have like Toad pull Peach out of his pocket to block attacks, or Koopa pitch green shells at everyone in his way? I just mean, let's take some of the lesser-known characters what were like enemies or backround characters and put them in. I'd also like to see Hammer Bro and Paper Mario.

Another thing I wouldn't mind is making a whole new character as sort of a signature Super Smash Bros. character, like as a title character or something. I think that would be cool, because if there's one character that hasn't been in a Super Smash Bros. game, it's a brand new one.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    gamerhang.myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Video Game Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 1 of 15

Jump to: